Thursday, August 11, 2016

(2013) Increasingly No Emergency Police Coverage In Hinsdale, NH

Originally posted on 10/18/13

Updated Jan 15, 2014: So in my court discovery over being arrested at the bridge...I got a read out of all my phone calls to 911 for years back from the police. This year (2013) I am what they call a "911 frequent flier". So I got in my possession proof that Hinsdales police were too busy to answer my missing toddler call. Got the dates and times.

Updated Oct 23

I had two personal incidents over delayed or missing police response in recent months
1)      About six month ago a neighbor was running around our house basically in a hysterical condition. Her three year old son was nowhere to be found. I looked around the area for 10 minutes...then called 911 saying a 3 year old child was missing. Fifteen minutes later made another wondering where the hell  are the police... then another 15 minutes call...told a police officer was handling another call. Forty five minutes later with a missing child call and still no police? I was shocked we didn’t get a big police response with a missing child plea.

2)      During my bridge incident the Brattleboro police made the initial investigation...the Hinsdale police were too busy to do the investigation.
Through those issues, I became aware this problem was much more prevalent in the minds of other citizens of Hinsdale.  




Oct 20

"
So why is the Hinsdale police department so mismanaged? Why the continuous stream of police officers coming in and out of Hinsdale employment? Why are we wasting so much money on new hire training? Why have we got dependent on outside police department coverage? Why is a selectman and ex-police chief working in an emergency manner as a regular policeman? Why can’t the department anticipate the loss of police officers...have fully trained new cops up and running before the crises? Why do we have two new hires up in police training right now and the town police coverage in a perpetual crisis?

Do pre police just come to Hinsdale to make us pay for their training and get first experience...then move on to a better paying and stable police department? Do we pay them enough so the police department is stable?

What is the magnitude of out of town police officers...current police who don’t live in town...that makes it so hard for us to call them for an emergency because they live so far away? Do we pay them an adequate overtime pay? Do Hinsdale police officers cover for Chesterfield? Are our town making do with less police officers in the aims of saving money with this sharing system and this make us all more brittle and unstable with call times, general and issues resource...such as a murder investigation?

What are the implications of a lot of part time police officers...we can’t interrupt their primary job for an emergency call in?

This is police mismanagement on a grand scale...somebody can’t keep police coverage stable and reliable. So why is the Hinsdale police department so mismanaged? Why the continuous stream of police officers coming in and out of Hinsdale employment? Why are we wasting so much money on new hire training? Why have we got dependent on outside police department coverage? Why is a selectman and ex police chief filling in an emergency manner as a regular policeman? Why can’t the department anticipate the loss of police officers...have fully trained new cops up and running before the crises? Why do we have two new hires up in police training right now and the town police coverage in a perpetual crisis?

Do pre police just come to Hinsdale to make us pay for their training and get first experience...then move on to a better paying and stable police department? Do we pay them enough so the police department is stable?

What is the magnitude of out of town police officers...current police who don’t live in town...that makes it so hard for us to call them for an emergency because they live so far away? Do we pay them an adequate overtime pay?

What are the implications of a lot of part time police officers...we can’t interrupt their primary job for an emergency call in?

This is police mismanagement on a grand scale...somebody can’t keep police coverage stable and reliable.
"
Emergency Police Service (911) Blackouts inHinsdale NH

"10/19/2013: So I put this blog entry up yesterday and the Hinsdale PD was checking in on me this mourning into seeing if I felt alright.
I published this entry yesterday (10/18/2013) at 5pm.


Increasingly No Emergency Police Coverage In Hinsdale
..."Don't forget to click on my interview with a Hinsdale resident on High Street Hinsdale.

He was a school buddy of of Dustin Curtiss.
... Within 12 hours on putting up this blog entry I was probed by the Hinsdale police for a possible DUI.

Lord knows I am a big sinner...but I haven't had a sip of booze in 33 years.

I am a recovering alcoholic who is always one sip of booze away from not being home for Christmas..."
..."Well, I was probed by a Chesterfield police officer patrolling in Hinsdale...filling in for a overwhelmed Hinsdale Police force."
... "I'd rather be crazy than drunk?"
... "Hinsdale Police: Message Received and Understood This morning (Saturday Oct 19, 2013@ 9 am).

We documented our police was on duty for a emergency 911 call at 6:16 am. I have the evidence we had police coverage. A police officer pulled me over for not dimming my light. I never seen police officer as I dealing with a more pressing issue of fixing a fogged front window. At least they don’t arrest me over another littering “Build New Bridge".

After you made me piss my pants again thinking I got another phony bench arrest...I got hearty laugh. I thought, oh well, it will only be a day and a half in the slammer. It was actually hilarious once my heart stopped cavitating and my pulse rate then became measurable again. Do you guys still got a sense of humor?

The wet spot on my cady’s seat happened when the officer put on his emergency lights at the corner of Monument Road and Route 119.

These guys do have a terrific sense of humor because it was a Chesterfield’s police officer and he used Chesterfield's warning citation paperwork...

See the warning ticket at my blog."
... "Again, this policeman was very nice to me. He talked to me in a very nice manner. Remember Gallagher wanted to supply his police officers with personal recorded cameras. The micro camera would be on the officer’s person, as with a microphone recording our behaviors.

I thought it was a great idea...

So the car in front of me stopped, I stopped, then i slowly accelerated like a old man rolling through the stop sign. The road were mostly abandoned on saturday and 6 am...

The freakin cop was sure alert earlier in the mourning...

Effectively it was a good stop on the aims of police work...it is just the context that bothers me.

I actually don't mind them stopping me and making sure I am not drunk driving or involved in bigger illegal activity in any other times. If I was drunk and driving...I don't care what the police motivation is...I deserve being taking off the road and facing the court system. They would be fundamentally helping me regain control of my addiction...looking out for my best interest."
... "This is one of the way I’ve learned to stay sober...I actively sabotage the drinking Mike Mulligan. I announce to everyone I am a serious alcoholic. If the drinking mike mulligan again shows up...I need you to help me regain my control of my addiction because I might not realize how bad the situation is. You need to sabotage the drinking Mike mulligan in any way possible...the sober and mindful real mike mulligan gives you permission to do whatever it takes!

Don't pat me on the back like a good little boy...be as mean as possible to help me see the light of day. This is a battle over or for the preservation of human life! Do it for my children and grandchildren."
... "Does anyone get it, if a police officer catches me driving drunk just once...I’d probable have been driving dead drunk between 100 to 300 times in the past. In my case, I had probably been driving thousands of time dead drunk and many of them in blackout. I am such a threat to my community!"
..."Please, don’t listen to me when I am drunk. I swear to god, I promise you ...if a police officer ever catches me driving drunk again...it might take me months. But one day I will walk into your police station and request to speak to the arresting police officer. I will look sincerely in your eyes, apologize to you if I was rude when I was drunk...I will thank you for saving my life. I will thank you for arresting me.

That is how you stay sober for 33 years with this terrible disease..."
... "One scenario is the Hinsdale police are going head hunting for me. They thought, it would be kind of uncivil if we are arrested him after all this blogger stuff. So they set it up where the Chesterfield police would patrol around my house. Maybe Hinsdale policeman briefed his Chesterfield police buddy by cell phone about the Mulligan situation.

I was riding a old 1989 red Cadillac Deville...this car stands out like a sore thumb. Got one headlight stronger than the other, clouded lens...it’s a typical alcoholic’s car. Me out early Saturday (06:15) mourning...must be coming home or leaving from a big Friday night bender.
  
I was out doing a favor for another person taking him to work in Putney Vermont. It has been a regular deal for many months...so I established a pattern.
So the cops just needed any old probable cause...the poor usually got tons of probable cause issues surrounding their lives. This cop got the probable cause with the dimmed headlights...went fishing for drunk driving charge. 
When I got to into my car...it was dark and foggy. I usually on a Saturday don’t meet a soul on the Hinsdale road. The roads are curvy and hilly on Plain Road, it is a narrow road...thus my high beams were on. As my windows were getting foggier, I was trying to the figure out what button to push. I haven’t used this car very much in the last six months. I do remember passing one car on Monument Road...I didn’t recognize it as a police car.

I have had issues with getting an inspection sticker. The last two cycles I’ve been months late in getting a new sticker. I had a good sticker on in this. I know I would just get a warning. On my passage on Plain Road and Monument Road over the years...we very seldom see any police offers. I am just saying this is a example where cops ignore minor violations often?"
..."I am telling you guys, you are god dam lucky I am a seasoned whistleblower.

I can see an event through multiple perspectives...
..I am at the stop sign at Monument Road and route 119. A car is in front of me. I glide through the stop sign with a right hand turn...I am heading to Brattleboro at 6:16 am on a Saturday (10/10/2013). I think I got a pretty consequential entry on my blog criticizing the Hinsdale police department. Publish it not 12 hours earlier. I captured the bigger story behind it.

I make the turn when a police cruiser emergency lights turn on out of nowhere. I immediately think holy shit; this is my McNairy County Tennessee and Sheriff Pusser moment. What the hell have they got on me now to arrest me? The issues I recorded from the citizens of High street are ringing in my ears...one I put up on my blog. I am thinking you got to control your temper and keep your cool.

I fumble about the car trying to figure out how to turn on my ceiling light on. I want the cop to be able to clearly see where my hands are and everything in the front seat. I see the cop getting close; I open up my driver door telling him my window doesn’t work. I spit out, is it ok to open up my door. He says sure.

He immediately gives me a little information speech I never heard before. I just got arrested by these guys, never heard this during that. He says this stop is being recorded by camera and voice. I tell him I don’t mind that at all...I welcome it. I say, it’s for your protection as well as mine. He pops off nicely...you don’t hear that too often. I get a lot guff because we are doing that. You know then, the license and registration, sir. He explains you didn’t dim your headlights on Plain Road when I passed you. Then you didn’t stop at the stop sign. I say “sorry”. Mr Mulligan, where are you off to this morning. I say I am picking up a friend in Brattleboro to take him to work. He’s got his head almost in my car seeing if he could smell alcohol. He was a really nice guy doing his job. He heads back to his car. I say to myself, hope I don’t have in more bum warrants out to arrest me. I saying more to myself, brace yourself this could be a very expensive ticket.

I leave my door open. It takes about five minutes...it felt like one hundred years. I hear him approaching the door...he says here you go and I see sheets of paper in his hand. He hands my license and reg. I thought I was getting a ticket. Then he says strangely, I am a Chesterfield police officer. Than when my mind starts going wild thinking Jesus Christ I just wrote about this last night on my blog. That is when he pops off, you are getting a warning. He then says, you got two new hire police officers in training at Concord, that why Chesterfield police department is filling for them. I get a thank you Mr. Mulligan. I give him back a thank you officer. Well, that’s most of what we talked about."
 
... "It could be:   
 1) Coincidence. I don’t believe in coincidences.

2) Hinsdale police out to get me.

3) Local police trying to talk with me hoping I’d get the bigger picture out to the public of resource problems in the police department.

10/19: So I put this blog entry up yesterday and the Hinsdale PD was checking in on me this mourning into seeing if I felt alright. I published this entry yesterday (10/18/2013) at 5 pm.



















10/18: Increasingly No emergency Police Coverage In Hinsdale, NH

I interviewed this person a few houses away from the murder scene of Dustin Curtiss. He grew up with Dustin and went to school with him. He said Dustin did very well at  school and everyone in the neighborhood loved Dustin. He was a very good and calm child.
He also said Dustin was severely and systemically physically and emotionally abused by his father. The father use to beat and punch him all the time...right in front of Dustin’s friends. All through his young life he has black and blue marks put on him plus many bruises. by his father. It is common knowledge Dustin and his father had a tumultuous relationship throughout childhood.
1)    We need an independent report on the emergency availability of the Hinsdale police coverage and how often do we use police coverage from surrounding communities.  Is the overwhelmed Hinsdale police force increasingly becoming a burden to the surrounding communities?

2)    A time evaluation of all 911 calls for emergency services in Hinsdale and then when did the police actually arrived on scene for the last five years.

3)    A town wide independent survey with how our community perceives our police force and does the community trust that the police will quickly respond to any emergency phone call.

4)    Request from the community all information in which the police didn’t respond quickly to any 911 calls and especially any emergency 911 calls.
There are rumors out there that the police didn’t respond in a timely manner to the first 911 call coming from the Curtiss House or their neighbors.  

No comments: