Officer Kassotis,
That was a perfect arrest to me this Friday...thank you and your partner for being so decent to me.
As I told you guys in the police station, I am in love with our Constitution and we live in the best nation on the face of the planet.
I also said the police are my heroes and they will always be! Believe me around here, I am one of the few people who understands how really important our government is. I seen it ever day I was on the bridge!
FYI: I don’t know if this came up on your research of me. Two agents of the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Tasked Force interviewed me a few years ago in your upstairs attic. They feared I was making terroristic threats against VY. I was working with plant insiders at the time associated with wrongdoing and dealing with confidential inside information. Of course, I was never charged with anything nor indicted. We think this was picked up in our secret NSA domestic surveillance program which was recently disclosed. I kept asking them about how this came to the attention of the FBI and they came back saying it was national security. It confused the hell out of me. I wrote about it publically as events were happening:
FBI/ Joint Terrorism Task Force Investigation VY Event
I feel more securing now knowing the Feds and FBI are paying attention to threats made against the plant.
As far as the bail bondsmen...that is a different story. Once I’d seen the restriction with staying away from bridge for a mile, I was contemplating the consequences of my life for a few seconds with not signing the conditions of getting bail. He angrily said, “either sign the documents right now or go to jail.” He was trying to provoke an emotional incident in the police station out of me. I didn’t say anything to him in response. This was so unprofessional and disrespectful to me. He is a long term resident in Hinsdale once and does he still live in town? Why was he so mean? Why wasn’t he like you guys?
Would you please pass this note onto the prosecutor?
* * *
I am telling you guys, I am a kind of person you have never dealt with before. I am highly skilled in my crafts.
So this is my response to the broad complaints against me. I just want the truth to come out in the open...
Mike Mulligan Arrested For Littering With "Need New Bridge" Sign
aka 'halo guy'

Count One: RSA 634.2

…“Having no right to do so nor any reasonable basis to believe that he has such a right, he purposely damaged the walkway part of the bridge locate on route 119 linking Hinsdale NH to Brattleboro Vermont by purposely removing the walkway boards with a crow bar causing substantial interruption or impairment of public transportation…”

Now you are going see how the police and the prosecutor get to create a knowingly inaccurate and falsified court complaint. They are sending me to court on a lie...a spiked punch bowl full of lies and exaggerations.

1) Based on true severe degradation of the wood planks and their attachments, this created a substantial trip and fall hazard…potentially leading to a walkway fall, falling into the Connecticut River or to the embankment rocks many feet below creating serious injury and death. The NHDOT and Hinsdale police forced my actions because of their inactivity with maintaining adequate public safety because of the NHDOT severe maintenance and inspection negligence. These conditions being known in a widespread manner with the public using this walkway and bridge for year...with maintaining this public walkway and important transportation corridor.
2) I had on the walkway a crow bar and hammer. I conceived I’d pick the loose and detached planks off the bridge deck with these tools…I found it easier to just lift the planks off by hand. I only used the small crow bar maybe once or twice to lift the completely detached board off the deck to get my fingers under the board. Once I felt the end still was attached by nails, whereby I then left it alone. So the hammer I never used and the crow bar just helped to remove completely detached board. There is insufficient eyewitness testimony based on the actual condition of the board attachment (rusted nails and screws) that I identified to the police. The result of this is the police are using a known exaggeration and inaccurate terms (falsification of state document) to enflame these charges and to besmirch my reputation.

3) There was absolutely no “substantial interruption or impairment of public transportation”, and the police knows this. Again, this inaccurate information is an attempt by the police to besmirch my reputation to the judge and the courts. So where is the evidence that I made “substantial interruption or impairment of public transportation? How many people was effected by the substantial interruption and impairment of public transportation. It was near 9 pm when I completed shutting down this walkway. I’d seen no person towards Brattleboro and heading toward Hinsdale.
There has been substantial homeless encampments on this abandoned Island over the years . There has been known living here out of state drunks, drug addicts and pedophiles living on this island…people with enormous rap sheet. The Hinsdale police over the years have failed to police this area and there is substantial garbage and litter throughout the island cause by this. Habitual law breakers in this area have been known to enter Brattleboro and cause substantial public disruption and very costly crime. So the greater public has great fear of this area and are unlikely to cross this area when dark. I took substantial numbers photographs of this bridge area around 9:30 am next day and I noticed no person in sight. I observed about eight employees and about 5 NHDOT vehicles on site at about 9:30 am. My safety barriers where taken down and passage could be made before 9 am. The boards had all been replaced. I have no idea when the NHDOT allowed passage. I rode by the around 6:45 am and again about 7:15am. I notice one NHDOT job scope employee with a measuring tape on the Bridge at this time. I notice no people along this walkway.

I can only image 1, 2 or 3 people using this site throughout the night and to when my barriers were cleared. There is a high probability as planned no people used this sidewalk and crossed this bridge between when I put up the safety barriers and when the NHDOT took them down. Traffic would be extremely light throughout the night …the pedestrians could use the sides of the road bed like the bicyclist.

If a pedestrian was to approach this bridge with my safety barriers up…there was no impairment of passage. Bicyclist are expected to use the road bed with no safety breakdown lanes and all of them do use it. Most of bicyclists are afraid to use the walkway because the wooden planks are so unsafe and they all can hear how loose these planks are. These bikers would rather dodge cars and semi-trucks on this extremely narrow roadbed crossing these bridges. The bikers are afraid a lose plank could get flipped up in their wheels and cause serious injury on the bridge.

So I estimate the bridge walkway was out for twelve hours…during the slowest traffic and pedestrian period.

Again, the Hinsdale police and prosecutor spiked the punch bowl and the truth telling on court and state document for a hidden agenda. They wanted me to get off the bridge and prohibit my protest no matter how much exaggeration it took!

It is the NHDOT bridge inspection falsification of the Hinsdale police department and court documents… they just took for granted my Constitution rights for a secret agenda!
...They have evidence...the completely corroded nails and screws on the boards...why would I use a crow bar.

They could see there was nails protruding and would make the crow bar thing an exaggeration. The nails and screws might be on the board but they were corroded so serous as not being able to attach the board to the bridge.

That fits with i forcefully removed them boards...

It doesn't say how long the crow bar is...mine was 18 inches long. Not much leverage there.

Do they have a theory how I would use the crow bar...it was generally useless because the board cracks were so narrow.

You couldn't even get a loose and not attached board out because there was no leverage with the cracks between the boards being so small.
... So we had a conversation, the police called me….then I wrote them a follow up memo. Then I was arrested a few hours later. This is a quote:

“Just to be clear, those boards weren’t attached to the bridge. No extra force like a hammer or anything else was used to lift the boards off the walkway. You can inspect those discarded boards…these is no shiny metal screws or nail metal indicating those board was forced away from the bridge. Matter of fact, there is but a stub left of the nail or screw. They didn’t use the proper rust proof nails or screws?”

So the police contrary to the facts can’t say I used a crow bar when they have evidence that I just used my hands. Just because the crow bar was on scene didn’t mean I used it to lift an attached board. They are using the crow bar issue contrary to the facts to inflame and exaggerate my actions to the court.

My whole case rest on the walkways was not safe because numerous boards weren’t attached to the bridge…

The NHDOT, police and the prosecutors can’t play let’s pretend “to get mike” that those boards were attached.

I mean, the NHDOT, the police and prosecutors can’t set up a citadel of knowingly or should have been known inaccurate documents to the courts. And the investigation and complaint has to be objective and independent.
...Right, the police have to be neutral guys here …the police have to weigh the allegation against me versus what I say, with the evidence...then make a charge to the courts.
...So what evidence do I have that makes the police not neutral players here. You got to know it involve high police officials!

So the police station has cameras in their intake area...
And I may have recorded by voice and video these police station events?
...So I staged two events in 24 hours beginning at about on July 31, 2013 at about 9 am and ending on July 31, 2013 at about 9 pm:

#1 I removed loose boards, took pictures…replace those boards. Went to the police station, shown pictures to the lieutenant…made an official complaint to chief by the lieutenant that walkway was unsafe. I showed a picture to the lieutenant of a huge dangerous hole in the walkway over the Connecticut River. He didn’t know that the planks had been replaced me?

#2 Next day I remove those loose boards and hucked them over the side. Along with substantial safety barriers are both sides. It should be noted the NHDOT was using my safety barriers at both end in the morning when they were working on the bridge. And I called 911 at 9:00 pm to get the police to put up their police tape for the night.

On arrival at the site at about 8 pm (#1), there was no police tapes up making the walkway safe…there was no indication the police passed on the information to the NHDOT that the walkway grossly unsafe.

There was no friendly call back by the lieutenant with a talk though of these events after event #1. Like, I called the NHDOT, indeed those boards are loose, and why did you do this. How come the police didn’t call back to have a friendly talk with me over public safety at the walkway over my startling unsafe pictures?

### So I am not sure why the crow bar was necessary in the second go round (#2) if I had already pulled up the planks 12 hours prior?
### We know police had legal actions pending before #1?
I contend the Hinsdale lieutenant and police chief were negligent in their public safety duties associated with the events surrounding my complaint about the safety of Hinsdale route 119 bridge walkway.

I contend when I went to the station, when I asked if could speak to the chief…the lieutenant said,” the chief is not in and I am busy in a meeting”...what was really happening, is the police knew there was pending charges being make against me. You were pretending to make the Hinsdale police department unavailable to speak to me. But, I still got the lieutenant to come out and see the picture.

As I contended the investigating officer, I think it is vital to my case that there is a documented trail with the actions of the lieutenant and Hinsdale police department (#1). The lieutenant logged down my complaint, the police officers wrote up a report about their investigation of my complaint, and there is a paper trail through the lieutenant and into the NHDOT and back.

The Hinsdale police department should have thoroughly inspected that bridge walkway immediately for safety (1#)...they should have conservatively shut that walkway down pending an inspection of the NHDOT. I should have gotten a call back from the lieutenant once he’d seen my picture, after the police visit to the bridge, for a talk about these dangerous events. These guys aren’t communicating to me as a tool of self-protection...to not get their non-actions and actions on the record. They don’t want a complete record of these events recorded and given to the court.

From that point on, based on a potential of a conspiracy to protect the lieutenant, the chief and the Hinsdale police department to cover-up their failure to “protect the public” with the giant unprotected hole in the Hinsdale Bridge walkway, the Hinsdale police department should have used independent investigative police resources to investigate me and make charges.

I contend the majority of these charges are inflammatory, grossly professionally inaccurate and grounds for court document falsification...the inaccuracies are aimed to cover up the failure to” protect the public” with the lieutenant, the police chief and the Hinsdale police department.

At the end of all this is the fear with the town (selectmen)...that my activities are severely damaging the reputation Hinsdale and threating town businesses and economics...

I am requesting the charges be dropped and independent outside resources be used to reinvestigate these events, to recharge me if necessary with a independent investigation, accurate charges and investigations.
We need to see these events in their totality...not selective facts and investigations with an unseen agenda.
I know what is behind this; the Hinsdale police department is overwhelmed with work and understaffed. The police officer admitted as much to me in in my 911 call (#2)...they were using the Brattleboro police to investigate the bridge because Hinsdale’s department has too much work. I heard many complaints recently the Hinsdale police department is slow to respond to emergencies and is habitually overwhelmed. One wonders through all these events how overwhelmed the Hinsdale police department has become.
At one end of the bridge we got grossly inadequate funding for our bridges and our whole NH transportation system. At the other end, we got utterly desperate NHDOT officials and Hinsdale leaders terrified of the political and community outcome of a restricted or closed down bridge. How we fill the giant gulf between us is we falsify documents and bridge inspection on a grand scale! At the bottom of these sad and regrettable events is:
From: Dr. Bill Corcoran< williamcorcoran@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Whistleblower411@yahoogroups.com"< Whistleblower411@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 3, 2013 7:36 AM
Subject: [Whistleblower411] There is widespread state falsification of bridge inspection and throughout the state


Mike,

Wouldn't that be a criminal offense?

Take care,

William R. Corcoran, Ph.D., P.E.
Nuclear Safety Review Concepts Corporation


This is my responce to him?

I think the NHDOT employees are more an embattled gang doing anything they have to in order to feed their families.
So I would ask, has any NHDOT employee or engineer vendor been disciplined for inaccurate work…I don’t think so.
The Minneapolis NTSB investigation was riddled with the states not following their bridge codes and federal codes…basic bridge standards and inspection standards are unenforceable especially when faced with state budget priorities. They manipulate bridge engineering codes and bridge inspection resources according to the adequacies of state general funding…
It certainly isn’t illegal for the state to create inaccurate NHDOT documents and I believe falsification within the NHDOT are unenforceable. Who would bring this to the attention of the state prosecutors? worst, how will the prosecutors gain objective inforation?
I don’t think the state has anywhere near adequate legal codes and investigative resources in order to control widespread document fasciation in our transportation system. I don’t think the legal system is sensitized to the need for document quality and accuracy in our transportation system. All they are interested in is littering a dilapidated bridge area with a "Build New Bridge" sign.
I think the politicians are playing…creating an intentional shortage of transportation resources and accurate documentation…in order to play political football. I will trade you one bridge for antiquate state University funding mostly benefiting wealthy children. We are facing the populated and rich southeastern corner of NH starving the rest of the state’s transportation resources. That giant sucking sound you hear is the clogged I 93 Boston to Concord golden transportation corridor grossly over budgeted and now delayed interstate expansion.
I just think for many years now, our state transportation system is severely corrupted…money for political favors. We are only interested in high profile murder trials and political sexual scandals.
The local news media and nation media is pathetic…the rank and file citizen is not interested in our transportation system.
I don’t think it is illegal to create grossly inaccurate bridge inspection documents and certainly the legal control of making accurate documents unenforceable in New Hampshire.
I think most states operate this way.
This is the reason why bridges collapse and kill people in the USA
The general usage of “impairment of public transportation” means being carried by a train, vehicle or airplane. I didn’t impair the road bed? Does NH laws really include a walkway as public transportation?
Merriam
1. an act, process, or instance of transporting or being transported

2. banishment to a penal colony

3. a: means of conveyance or travel from one place to another
      b: public conveyance of passengers or goods especially as a commercial enterprise
Again, how will history think of all our actions if something bad happens to one of these bridges? At best, the replacements of these not safe 1921 bridges are a decade away or much more.

If you scroll down on my blog you will get an appreciation of what kind of condition these walkways are in. Further down, I got extremely dangerous pictures of the superstructure and the underneath of the Brattleboro Bridge.

‘The Poppervillve Town Hall”
http://steamshovel2002.blogspot.com/

Do you hear your conscience calling you yet?

Sincerely,
Mike Mulligan
Hinsdale, NH
16033368320