Friday, May 24, 2013

The Hinsdale NH-Brattleboro Route 119 Bridge Collapsed Today?




http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/video-of-bridge-collapse-north-of-seattle/?comments#permid=67




ImageImage


The Brattleboro-Hinsdale NH route 119 bridge was built in 1921 while I-5 Skagit River Bridge was built in 1955...

Both: The bridge was fracture-critical, which means there is no redundancy in the structure – if one component fails, the whole bridge can collapse.

Both: structurally obsolete!

They spent about a week a month ago fixing problems under the bridge. They say the report is ready to come out...

This bridge looks much better than the our bridge...

Of course, the real scandal in many states is the corrupt engineering codes they use for bridge inspection purposes. And many bridges never see a licensed engineer.
Inadequate resources always lead to bridge inspection corruption…the politicization of bridge inspection results.  
This accident got me to question if I could find a way to take out the bridge. I did a thorough search and came up amazing pictures of the bridge deterioration. I renamed the bridge "The Daddy Killer Bridge".  Everyone believes my pictures got the ball rolling. This is how I made meaning out this tragic death...
"Coincidence, God or The Universe...The Meaning of The I 91 Accident?"
http://www.ibrattleboro.com/article.php/20080207184948939
Course today, we all are driving across a brand New Bridge.











No comments: