Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Fermi's Confirmatory Letter Over Torus Paint

Updated 9
Oct 8

Mr. Heller,

It is thoughtful of you to notify me about the degraded torus paint job. I am surprised to first see up as a CL and not a violation. It is interesting remembering seeing this kind of problem many decades ago and then this guy shows. 

I just tried to look up this document and it doesn't seem on your site yet.  

Heller, James <James.Heller@nrc.gov>
To:Michael Mulligan
Oct 8 at 1:08 PM
Mike - - one more time.  I am told it is available for public view
 
Jim



NRC Issues Confirmatory Action Letter to Fermi Nuclear Power Plant
https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/news/2019/19-021.iii.pdf
***

Confirmatory Action Letter - Fermi Power Plant, Unit 2 Commitment to Address Degraded Torus Coatings
Yahoo/Inbox

  • Heller, James <James.Heller@nrc.gov>
    To:steamshovel2002@yahoo.com
    Cc:Taylor, Thomas
    Oct 7 at 6:22 PM

    Mike - - my name is Jim Heller.  I am the Region III senior allegation coordinator.  It has been a while since we talked.  I believe the last time was about 7 months ago when we talked about Licensee Event Reports that addressed relieve valve testing at LaSalle.
     
    On 7/12/2019, you talked to Tom Taylor, NRC Fermi Senior Resident Inspector, and discussed the special inspection that was underway to look at torus coating degradation.  Tom provided me his notes from the  conversation between you and him.  Tom correctly informed you that any information developed during the inspection was pre-decisional  and he was unable to discuss or comment on any of the information developed during the inspection.  Based on Tom’s email to me I made a mental note to provide you information as it became publicly available. 
     
    I believe ADAMS Accession Number ML19280D881 has information applicable to the subject you discussed with Tom.  The document title is “Confirmatory Action Letter - Fermi Power Plant, Unit 2 Commitment to Address Degraded Torus Coatings”
     
    Any questions please call
     
    Jim Heller,
    Senior Allegation Coordinator
    My office number is 630-810-4374

No comments: