Thursday, February 21, 2019

Region III Allegations and NRC Infrastructure In Disarray




I have been doing a little work with NRC Allegation surrounding the Lasalle nuclear plant. I discovered with their safety relief valve LERs (and LAR), some are missing in the docket. It the NRC and Exelon and NRC so incompetent nobody is enforcing LER reporting. Out of three SRV LERs in ten years at Unit 1, two are missing from the docket. Is it a coverup? This ask is there more LER missing at Lasalle, region III and throughout the nations. What is the extent and cause of condition?

So I dial up the LaSalle inspectors...the line is dead. I have been working with Sara in region III Allegation, can get a hold of here. I call the region III main office and try to get them to connect me to the allegation department. Every time they connect me I get a dead line.  I believe three times. Now I am getting irked. So I call the Washington operation line. I thinking they can connect me to Sara. I believe they tried to connect me to Sara and then somebody else. I had two operations people on the line now. They treated me very professionally. So basically region III was having broad land line problems and especially region III Allegation. So I pipe up to the operations people, now I got a new Allegation concern. You got a broad Allegation's phone reliability problem. That is when the staff fesses up and says we do have allegation phone issue for two days and we are working on it. I mean, you can clearly see it, there is many people here...the NRC instincts is to keep their blemishes or sins close to the vest instead of clearly admit we are having phone issues. Why couldn't they put a notification on the "report a concern page" we are having allegation phone issues. The instinct to hide and make the NRC look good.

So about a hour later after all this I get a mysterious phone call from deep voice and slow talking person telling me I called his line and didn't leave a message. He asked "did you call me"? So I asked, "who are you". He wouldn't tell me his name. I am convinced he is a NRC official. I push him hard on giving me his name. Finally I tell him he is a NRC official. He admits it. So I asked "what department do you work at"? It was like pulling teeth. You get it, he is a NRC employee, he is required to treat me with some level of respect. So I push him a little harder worrying he will hang up on me, We do a little more dancing around nothing, then he tells me his name and he is a project manager. I ask him, ":is one of your plants Lasalle". He says no. I give him the short story about talking to the inspectors at LaSalle and Allegations surrounding SRV issues, we are stumped on why I would call him? Later I am thinking when I called Region III, when the operator desperately  called around to three dead lines to dump, one of those line was his.          

No comments: