Friday, September 01, 2017

My $40 Million Dollar Bridge

This was a special attention seeking project of mine. I protested at this bridge on and off for three years. The last summer I did this I spent lots of time at the bridge. The object of my effort was to get them to replace the bridge. It was the best arrest that ever happened to me. There was loose walkway planks on the bridge, I couln'td get the state to replace or renail the planks to the walkway. Basically I pulled up about 20 plank and threw them overboard into the Connecticut River. It was all attention seeking. I also put up steady safety barriers up on both sides of the walkway for safety. I emediately called up 911, connected to a police officer, admitted I did it. Put up the pictures of what a did on the internet within two hours and before any police officer interviewed me. It turned into a class B misdemeanor and I paid a $1500 fine. They did a $27,000 walkway rehab with completely new planks 161 days after I hucked the boards into the river.

So the aim was to piss off my town folks and anyone who rode across the bridge. I was the talk and hate of the Town. Basically I coalesced the town folks into advocating for the bridge replacement.

Its my bridge!!!!

New Hampshire DOT sets public meetings for Hinsdale-to-Brattleboro bridge project

Posted
HINSDALE, N.H. — The New Hampshire Department of Transportation will hold two combined public officials/public informational meetings regarding the planned Route 119 bridge replacement over the Connecticut River and associated improvements to Route 119n and Route 142.

The first public meeting will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 13, at 7 p.m. at the Hinsdale Town Hall Auditorium, 11 Main St. A second meeting will be held on Thursday, Sept. 14, at the Brattleboro, Vt., Municipal Center Selectboard Room, 230 Main St. An open house will begin at 6:30 p.m., with a formal presentation at 7 p.m.

The purpose of this meeting is to present citizens and public officials with information regarding the proposed project and to solicit public input in order to ensure that project decisions meet public transportation needs, community goals, and protect and enhance the environment.

Any individuals needing assistance or auxiliary communication equipment due to sensory impairment or other disability, should contact the Bureau of Right-of-Way, NHDOT, PO Box 483, Concord, New Hampshire 03302-0483 or call 603-271-3222. TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964. Notification for the need of assistance should be made at the earliest convenience. If you have any questions or need any additional information regarding the proposed project, call 603-271-2171.

Additional information about the project can be found on the NHDOT website.

No comments: