Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Cover-up at STP Nuclear Facility Over Hurricaine Harvey

Honestly I should be talking to a plant official, but non of these guys talk to outsiders. This setup always screws the NRC and the inspectors. \
If you want to do the NRC favor, you need public relations retraining at the STP. Basically was talking about why didn’t  STP shutdown, explained the blackout procedure at TP. The inspector said never had hurricane winds at STP. I asked him does the Colorado river abut the plant, basically came back its national security information. He gave me a string of I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t knows, then later admitted he can’t disclose the information. He should have said right off the bat, it is restricted information.  Later pushed him pretty hard, he admitted in a flash of anger it was around 40 MPH. These guys would be terrible communicators in a real crisis. Basically the plants in Texas have been running great, the NRC and the inspectors have let their public communication atrophy. I have talked to a ton of NRC inspectors and NRC inspector bosses, STP inspector skills are weak. I am having trouble contacting the boss of the inspectors. I know they recorded my phone call. That is ok. I am in the realm of a cover-up.

No comments: