Thursday, January 26, 2017

Junk Plant Grand Gulf Shutdown For 0perator Incompetence Still Ongoing?

Update Jan 27

So I called the senior resident. My buddy told me to call him anytime especially if I see something in a inspection report. He emediately recognized my voice, talked about our nice conversation three months ago...he invited me to call him anytime I wished. I bet you we talked for about 45 minutes.   

It has been about 3 months...the senior said operations has been massively retrained. Spent a lot of money on new equipment. I guess installation of new equipment is still ongoing. He said Grand Gulf is mostly done. He wouldn't give me a guess on a restart. I asked him if he seen the leak memo from Don Jackson. I had him go to this blog and click on the below link "Junk NRC at pilgrim". He said he is too busy to keep up with other plants. I didn't think he'd seen the memo and I was right. My focus of the call was to get him to read the Jackson memo. I asked him if any of the memo seemed similar to Grand Gulf. I asked him was the employees complaining to him about the problems at the plant before the shutdown. He said no.  Then you have safety culture problems. He told me he can't see it, the employees freely talk to the inspectors. But we haven't looked into it...a big safety culture inspection is on the way. The shutdown rocked the boat of all the employees. The senior said Entergy has had multitudes of industry experts walking in and out of the plant since shutdown. I doubt the NRC can see the real safety culture prior to the shutdown, because the employees have all been preconditioned with all the propaganda retraining. I believe at the highest levels, this has been a defecto coverup. A competent regulator would sized up situation immediately upon shutdown, demanded a site standdown, then emediately bring in the safety culture experts to preform comprehensive inspection to capture the real safety culture. But the agency only writes in documents what they want you to see...selective and protective disclosures. They are just now going to be parroting this massive propaganda new retraining to the upcoming safety culture inspectors. So the object of my phone call was to expose the inspector and their bosses to Jackson's e-mail.

Honestly, I have to give great, great credit to the NRC for allowing me to speak with these NRC on scene inspectors knowing my capabilities. My Grand Gulf inspector spoke about and knows Entergy is a outlier fleet operator. Everyone is closely watching Entergy now. I would tell you it so without fear of anyone(well, except my wife). But these on site inspectors are highly educated and extensively trained. The love their families and children, they are involved with their communities...they love their country and are patriotic Americans to the one. They are truly the lowly compensated 1%ers who sit above the majority of us with their skills and expertise. In the good sense. They just got a system above them that is chaotic and dysfunctional. We as a nation, owe them something better.                           

***An absolution system
Junk NRC at Pilgrim (Don Jackson leaked memo on special inspection)
I wonder if the Pilgrim's e-mail operational problems is related to Grand Gulf? I didn't see the special inspection report on the docket yet.

It sounds like they discovered more problems than expected. It is highly unusual we haven't seen articles priming us for the restart of the plant.

What is the date for restart...

They were supposed to startup Jan 15. It is now Jan 26.
...Grand Gulf Nuclear Station has been shut down since Sept. 8. The plant was initially shut down to repair a water cooling pump. But on Sept. 23, after work on the pump was completed, according to the NRC, workers discovered problems with a backup cooling system. NRC conducted an inspection, and Entergy said it was voluntarily keeping the plant closed until all issues have been addressed, after having several maintenance issues over the last year or so. Both Entergy and the NRC said issues at the plant have posed no health or safety risks to employees or the public.
NRC spokesman Victor Dricks said nuclear plants shut down regularly for maintenance and that Grand Gulf's issues were "not unprecedented."
Presley said the plant is scheduled to start back up on Jan. 15.
... Bowling said the plant's current outage is the fifth this year. This includes a planned refueling outage, which happens every 18 months to 24 months, that lasted 38 days starting in February. The plant had an automatic safety shutdown for two days while coming back online after refueling. In June it was shut down for about two days to repair turbine controls, then later that same month was shut down for 25 days for more repairs on turbine controls.

No comments: