Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Junk and Dead Ender Pilgrim: Junk Safety Relief Valves.

It took me reading about ten newspaper articles before coming to this. I was looking what else was broken. I have zero faith the newspaper industry does their job. 
"While the plant was shut down to repair the valve, personnel completed additional maintenance including evaluating an additional feedwater regulating valve, replacing a safety-relief-valve pilot valve and replacing a turning gear in the main turbine."
It must have been leaking or have a  elevated tail piece temperatures. It is strange they decided to replace it only on the last feed reg water 9% power shutdown. Did they use the SRV to cool down? I know the NRC told me they were watching SRVs carefully. For the refueling outage shutdown, they told me they were going watch the valves open and shut in the drywell.

Will the other three begin leaking now? They are still in the 2 stage SRVs. I am surprised with their history, all of them were not replaced with refurbished.    

No comments: