Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Hope Creek Suspiciously At 80% Power Today

From the horse's mouth. Nice guy. Because the NRC and Hope Creek "can't see the tech spec violation" means it is not there seems to be their defence.   
No problem – Sorry I couldn’t give you a more complete answer at this time.  This week has been very hectic.  The downpower at Hope Creek is related to an offsite power line outage that was planned.  Salem Unit 1 is also downpowered for the same reason – The outage is scheduled to last another week.  
You’ll have to tell me sometime what the meaning of “steamshovel 2002” is.  
Richard S. Barkley, PENuclear and Environmental Engineer, NRC Region I(610) 337-5328(610) 608-1517
Fitz is at 100% power
Correction: I mixed Ginna and Fitz up in the daily power level report. They are right next to each other on the list. Ginna is at 0 and Fitz is at 100% power.
Sorry
OK, Fitzpatrick had shutdown last night and Hope Creek is still at 80%.
What do you think, Hope is at 80% playing it safe until Salem 1 comes out of outage.  

Update 2;30 pm 

Them crazy Bloomberg boys: 
This will really be big if Hope Creek was forced to shutdown by me. Big big big
"I have been in discussions with the NRC since Friday about Hope Creek’s safety relief valves. They stopped talking to me and it sounds like it is in an investigation now. Hope Creek and Salem 1 & 2 are one facility. On Friday Salem 1 and 2 were in refueling and Hope Creek was at 100%. Today Salem 2 is at 88% and Hope Creek is at 80%. I give it a about 50/50 chance, but if Hope Creek is going into shutdown to fix their safety relief valves all hell is going to break loose in the nuclear industry.
Hope Creek, Fitzpatrick and Pilgrim have identical SRVs 2 stage valves in their plant now.
I was given a NRC tip yesterday the NRC commissioner chairman’s speech was aimed at me: 
Fitzpatrick and the NRC are on full alert over my explanation: 
Checkout my blog explanation about the Hope Creek situation. That goddamn H SRV valve: 
Pilgrim, Hope Creek and Fitzpatrick plant operation is inextricably linked by defective and identical Target Rock model 2 stage safety relief valves.  It looks like to me the nuclear component manufacturers are blocking these plants from purchasing new and safe replacements." 

No comments: