Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Last night Thought Something was On Fire At Vermont Yankee?

Update
Yep, at about the same time, Cersosimo Lumber yard was burning scraps again tonight. Different atmosphere conditions, the plume wasn't going up in the air. The smoke was staying on the ground. I never notice this before. I bet you they been doing this for decades.     
 
***I am on my bike trail near my house by the Vernon dam. They got a virgin piece of forest abutting the river...it is just a glorious ride on my mountain bike. I am on the peninsula. I am taking a wonderful picture with my new cell phone camera (Galaxy S6). It voice records things even better.
   

 
I spin around to see this below at Vermont Yankee. All I can assume is its coming from the plant. It is about 7:45 pm on a Tuesday night. I am thinking VY is burning construction debris. It is so late in the evening.  


The recordings of my call phone conversations reporting the fire: 
Basically I continued on with my trail ride heading about two miles south. I was right across the river from Vermont Yankee near the Hinsdale Connecticut River setback. The fire was coming from the Cersosimo Lumber yard in Vernon. Why were they burning scrap lumber at 7:45 pm on a Tuesday night? Why didn't they notify the Vernon fire department they were going to do it. Did they have a fire permit?
I thought of the whole deal, better to be safe than sorry??? 
I was disappointed with VY. I wished they would have taken my name and number, gave me a courtesy call back explaining there was no fire at the site and we think it was in the Cersosimo lumber yard burning scrap lumber.    

No comments: