Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Mike Mulligan's NRC Special Inspection At Pilgrim Plant

Feb 2: Another Possibility told by an engineer, is the re circulation main coolant loop and main steam line piping 
bracing and restraints are worn out and corroded. He thinks the piping structure itself is impaired. He'd seen this at fossil plants. Actually the cover-up is piping vibration was increasing unabated…this damaged the SRVs. All the resonance limits specs thing, the damaged SRV components and it reporting was coverup for the increasing recir and main steam line vibrations. Naw, the core wouldn't be jumping around on its cement pedestal? 
I am just saying, this would be a possible nuclear industry extinction level event and it would severely damage the USA and our peoples. It would place 20% of our electricity at risk and it would widely raise electric rates. It might knock off the grid an enormous amount of nuclear power plants based on everyone losing trust in the NRC.
I am certain the NRC would immediately strip all nuclear plants from Entergy. It is not my theory.    
This is how I am trying to persuade the NRC to have a special inspection last Thursday through their NRC Blog. I sent this to the NRC's blog page and this is a copy of what I posted. I using the NRC's blog very creatively. I am trying to influence them though this blog and then communicate my needs in the upcoming inspection. Nobody uses the NRC blog like I do. It is very positive the NRC allows this to occur. They would throw sand in my eyes if they refused just one of my entries. If I got too snotty or unprofessional, then I deserved to not get my issues posted. I sticking a lot of painful issues to them right up to their eyes. It is just amazing they are allowing me to communicate like this. I like the idea they independently time and date stamp this...I got no control in removing my comments. I prize this very much. I am much happy if I just get my issues dispersed to many people. I can stick it right in their face what I wrote if things go south.   

They disclosed the inspection on Saturday Jan 31.  Many special inspection aren't initiated until weeks after the event...it is very particular they are coming this early.

From what I can read, the poles and lines on the only transmission lines (two lines) were completely knocked down. They had one dalaminated pole who broke in Blizzard Nemo tripping one line. It indicate weakened poles might be all over the transmission system.  
Additional Scrutiny at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant Set to Continue
Mike Mulligan January 29, 2015 at 7:10 pm (Thursday) 
So when you sending the special inspection team? An augment inspection?

Sound like I had a little birdy whispering in my ears? 
Just when you could think the repetitive TDAFWP couldn't get any worst at Millstone…now we got the poor quality SRVs failing over and over again at Pilgrim for 4 years just like the TDAFW pumps did. Is this going to take three special inspection to fix it just like Millstone? Wait, this is like the TDAFWP and both half capabilities electric aux feed water pumps being simultaneously inop for 4 years. You should conservatively call “all” the SRVs/ADS valves inop and not according to tech specs since 2011.
I bet you the SRV was leaking for a prolonged period of time and the agency hid it on us. The hide the leak philosophy first, before fix it quickly philosophy. This caused the valve to fail. The ADS/ SRV valves were inop since 2011 when first installed. Before they even got warmed they were inop. You get it, after “new” installation of the “new” three stage SRVs (4 of them), the first leak impairing the operation of one of these valve occurred within one or two months. Maybe within weeks of first start-up. This situation is unprecedented in the nuclear industry. I’ll bet you we are heading to a cover-up of a red finding. This is not about one valve…the whole group of them have a design defect and uncontrollable poor quality components from day one. A common mode failure of the automatic depressurization system and safety relief valve for four years. These nuclear safety valves weren't fit to be in nuclear power plant.

(Yesterday) “We knew Pilgrim was going down the tubes beginning in 2011 when they accepted poor quality brand new SRVs (all four of them)…the pathetic host of leaks, down powers and shutdowns over this new equipment. We were shocked the agency would treat these important last ditch core cooling components so cavalierly.”

We have had a dangerous meltdown of the effectiveness of the NRC. i am writing up a 2.206 requesting the Pilgrim plant remain shutdown. All plants in Region I should be shutdown because there was such a severe breakdown in the NRC.

What level of risk would that get you to: HPIC inop, SRV/ads inop, in a LOOP and the risk of 55 loops per 100 years (52 more LOOPs than assumed in calculations)? I think this is the most severe accident we have had in a long time.

“The station experienced equipment issues while cooling down after the scram including: the station diesel air compressor failed to start, one of four safety relief valves could not be operated manually from the control room, and high pressure coolant injection had to be secured due to failure of the gland seal motor.”
This is the NRC announcing their Pilgrim Special Inspection. Do you think I influenced the NRC to do this? You got to admit I new enough about the process and I knew a way to get my two cents in...I had the skills to accurately predict the outcome.    

Feds to investigate storm shutdown at Pilgrim nuclear plant
PLYMOUTH, Mass. — The Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station in Plymouth says federal regulators are sending a special inspection team to the plant related to an unplanned shutdown during last week's blizzard.
Plant spokeswoman Lauren Burm said the Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspection is expected to begin Monday. She said Saturday the Entergy-owned plant continues to investigate and share information with the NRC about its procedures and actions it took "that helped assure safety, before, during and after the storm."
The Boston Globe reports the NRC says it will review the response to equipment problems after the Tuesday shutdown. An outage related to the blizzard was blamed for shutting down two of the major lines carrying electricity from the generating facility. Plant officials said the shutdown was similar to one in a 2013 snowstorm and wasn't a safety threat.

No comments: