Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Aug 2114: Hinsdale Bridge Inspection

Aug 21: I put a call into the NHDOT's bridge inspection group and they told me they will get right back to me:)
(The NHDOT called me within a hour and they reminded me to call them again if I had any issues. He was really decent to me)  
I swear, I was going to razz the bridge inspectors with, “is that you knocking off the rust”. The NHDOT says that was them knocking off the rust with a hammer yesterday to see the true metal thickness. I said it wasn’t a hammer, it was a sledge hammer or bigger.

The question that comes up, so that amount of rust gets generated in six months? The layered rust they were hitting takes decades to develop. Why weren’t they whacking the hell out of it six months ago on that spot.

He says the bridge is in poor condition and they been trying to get it replaced. Basically the bridge is in the same condition it was six months ago.

I reminded him, you are communicating with the legislator and the local people. You got to down grade that bridge in order to get everyone’s ass in gear.    
Funding remains not a chance in the next decade!!! 
Last week began bridge inspections. So I approach the hinsdsle bridge  , I can see a emplyee shaking his head in disbelief I showed up at just the right time. There was three nhdot guys on my brand new walkway. They had generator going to something. Gas bottles and a welded setup too. Who knows how many guys where under the bridge. They were hammering the piss on a beam or something under the bridge. I mean heavy heavy hammering the beam like it was out of place.

I asked what  are you doing...he said there were just working. I knew that was all I was going to get from him. I mocked, this is the is the USA ain't it? I asked, how do like my new deck. He said it was nice job.

No comments: