Thursday, February 03, 2011

NRC "having fun" over Vermont Yankee 2.206

I requested a NRC OIG investigation concerning these events...both in writing and in a phone call. Nobody was in the NRC OIG home, so I left my telephone number and name, no courtesy call or note as of yet that the NRC OIG had received my complaint.

Why didn't I hear something like these "petitions are a sacred" responsibilities "instead of have fun"...

As a note, the NRC had no intention for this women NRC official to speak as this meeting, and she said nothing...so why the fun comment?
 
Public Participation

The point I make, is public participation fun for the NRC, they don't take it as a serious business.

NRC "having fun" over Vermont Yankee 2.206


So I am on the phone bridge this morning...Feb 3, 2011...I identify myself to the mechanical voice message system, then I am just kind of waiting around in silence on the phone waiting for them to push the button to join the conference. There are people on the voice bridge, and then there are NRC officials in one or more rooms on a speaker phone device.

All of a sudden I hear a click, I hear the snippet "and have a little fun", then I hear the talking of all the NRC officials, then the "welcome to this 2.206 petition...". All the background chatter of the officials stops...then we are off to the races with the 2.206 processes. From this point on everything is recorded in the NRC ops center and it is transcribed for addition into the public record.

They do the introduction, then they give me the microphone so to speak. I say I got to get this down on the record. I just heard a snippet of "and have a little fun" when I first came into the meeting, when I was connected to the phone bridge...what did you mean by this? It was a male voice talking to a female. I am thinking two NRC officials were talking about outside activities, but you never can tell what is behind it. I said to myself too, they just might be talking about have having a little fun with me in the meeting.

The chairman of the petition board pops up on the phone connections explaining, "I was introducing a new NRC official to the petition board and I was telling her to have a little fun as she participates and listens to your review board" concerning tritium and root cause analyze issues at Vermont Yankee.

Can you imagine a 2.206 petition meeting chairman indoctrinating a new NRC official into the petition process by saying have a little fun with it?  Are they all laughing and making faces behind my back as I am stuttering, stammering and fumbling my way through my speech. Are they laughing and having a little fun over us all?

No comments: