Tuesday, February 08, 2011

It is a only a incentive game...

It is a incentive game, if there could be a means of Entergy to make good profits on having good grade radioactive pipes in the grounds of VY, they'd have a perfect prestine engineered body of pipes out in the yard.

They only reason the industry is fixated on capacity factor and safety relativeness(the nothing ever matters brigade) ...cause that is the only way their stockholders know the utility can make money over nuclear power. We'd be a lot better off if A CEO could think, I took a hit off my capacity factor this year, but I made money off upgrading my plant and behaving in a way where I make the community happy.

As it sits now, the only reason why Entergy and Vermont Yankee maintains extremely high and dangerous capacity factor is because it is a survival strategy. Their survival is at stake and they will do what ever it takes to survive.

As it sits, there is no way they can make money by plowing money out in the yard, and I could make the case when they get caught with their pants down they never get punished by consuming capacity factor.

No comments: