Sunday, April 10, 2005

Real social security...

(Caution: Road under construction -pass at your own risk)



I spent a lot of time in Newark and Kearny NJ last week. There was no doubt the face of poverty was black in these areas. Can you detect a more aggressive driving style with the public in poverty areas like this –you bet? Even with just talking to people, you can detect more stress in these people. It’s amazing the hopelessment. It reminded me of a slow motion war zone with debris all over the sides of the road. To live in that area is inhumane.

There was a traffic jam on the south side of Hartford Connecticut on I 84 (4/7). Traffic was not moving. I decided to get off the interstate hoping to navigate to I 91 north bypassing all the traffic. I got lost at once. After a while, I circled around the Martin Luther Kind grammar school. I was in a black neighborhood again, the real estate was in horrible condition, there was men just standing around, there was tons of children –and the school was a miserable dump.

At the end of last week, I’d spent a time crying. Is this America.

They say social security is going to run out on money by 2042. I say it’s already gone, we got no social security. I mean, we do this cold financial analysis with the percentage of the baby boomers retiring in the future –but what does that say about us. All we got is this cold dead analysis that we are banking on –what about reinventing our nation.

So why don’t we us the perception of future problems as the fulcrum to change ourselves? Why don’t we absolutely restructure everything about our lives. In the end, why don’t we have the hope that create a massively innovated

No comments: