Thursday, March 31, 2005

The meaningless death of Terri Schiavo for most of us

Schiavo Raised Profile of Disabled
Question Swirl About End-of-Life Issues


By Ceci ConnollyWashington Post Staff Writer

Saturday, April 2, 2005; Page A09


"The right wing wants to kill us slowly and painfully" with limits on health programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, Not Dead Yet's Coleman said. "The left wing wants to kill us quickly and call it compassion."




Let be truthful with ourselves –we will pontificate about the meaning of morality, about the fragile life(s) that has no meaning in our own lives --and cost us nothing. But to take a few steps into an institution, jail or group home, but to witness human rights abuse and disclose them to members of the community –why bother, is about what we are about.

So if the dignity of human rights is going to cost money from our pockets, we tell the politicians to lie to us, we tell the bureaucrats to withhold the true cost of human right abuses from us in a selective rules and untransparancy game –we will pay bureaucracy executives well for this miserable job of creating an illusion – such that it won’t raise our taxes and question the massive tax give-a-ways for the rich.

For an open transparent Democracy who is managed by the will of the good people, whose only interest is the truth no matter what the cost –we are not much better than the Nazi's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike Mulligan, this is my last visit on the 'net for now - I'm tired. I found this post by accident as I'm searching on commodity trading currency but I got fed up with that and I've been roaming about just reading what takes my fancy. Good blog you have here, I enjoyed my visit. Have a great day and it's back to commodity trading currency searches for me tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Mike Mulligan, I'm looking for information and chat about commodity trading currency and came across your site. There are some views in this post that I can take on board. I used commodity trading currency as one of my search terms which is how I came to visit your site. Enjoyed the read, I'll make note to come back again.